Thursday, February 24, 2011

Librarians are superheroes, too!

One program idea that I took away from the Statewide Summer Reading Workshops in 2009 was to have a superhero program for preschool aged children. We read a couple stories about some not so well-known superheroes (like Adventure Annie!) and then made our own cape out of a plastic tablecloth and yarn, along with a mask to match. We then paraded our superhero costumes around the library so that all of the patrons knew they were safe! Check out the fierce Allison below!



My part-time Children's Librarian, Linda, took things one step further and actually made me a Super Librarian costume for the program. While I clearly don't resemble the prototype of the original Super Librarian, I don't mind stepping into the costume at all:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment